Monday, February 2, 2009

Word of the day:
HORK
Use it in a sentence, please.

Want to see what I sent Heather?

9 comments:

Megan said...

Okay this word happens to be a personal favorite. I don't think a funnier word exists in the English language.Once when I was 14 I actually sprayed Kool Aid all over the table at Shaun and Sue's when Sue's brother Kent said "Knock Knock" "who's there" "Hork!" I never heard the end of the joke, that was all I needed to laugh myself to death.

Here's my sentence: "Hork!" he said in a very loud and obnoxious way.

Just kidding, that's the kind of sentence we used to write in Mr. Wilson's spelling class in 6th grade. He would give us lists of words and make us use them in sentences and the sentences had to be 10 words long. so, we started just writing that sentence over and over and replacing the vocab word in the quotes. Genius, eh?

Here's a real sentence: "Mom! The cat just horked on the carpet."

Tia said...

WOW - those ones you sent to Heather turned out so cute! I love those letters - I must get some!

Well, since I've got a really bad cold (just in time for our trip to DisneyWorld tomorrow) I have been horking up crud all day. Sick huh?

Ginna said...

It's like on Ratatuoille:
"Don't just HORK it down!"
(as in gobbling your food as fast as possible.)

HORK!

Marilyn said...

You are a banner-making machine! Doing all that must have been a lot of hork!

But that's your motto, isn't it? "Today while the sun shines, hork with a will . . ." Or is it, "Put your shoulder to the wheel, push along, do your duty with a hork full of song"?

Unknown said...

"Somebody horked our clothes!"

"Who'd want to hork our clothes?"

"Maybe a couple of these guys got sick and tired of wearing their pajamas."

- Strange Brew (1983)

jess and seth said...

I'm with The Ring of Scribes' definition, even though I don't know who he/she/they is/are.

"'Horked' means the same thing as 'kifed.'"

K said...

"Hork! Hork! The dog, he borks!"

Loved the banners.

I really liked the cat horking all over the carpet. Well, I mean I wouldn't have liked it if it had been my carpet.

Sam Nielson said...

The only context in which this word can be used in polite company is when sung via swedish chef:

"Flim, de schmir, der mim, dedip-deedoo. Shmemdir, de lerdeedoo durm. Hork! Hork! Hork!!"

Alixandria said...

I had to get in on this!

Hork has got to be the epitome of obnoxious behavior, such as:

Shut your hork

If you hork one more time!!!

Your horking makes me want to take an advil

Did grandma make that hork? (Okay so this doesn't fit my definition, but it's the next place I'm using it)

Love you Beffie!