There were two tiny bedrooms with new paint, closets and carpet. She now also has a downstairs bathroom, with a huge, gorgeous circle mirror.
I'm so happy for her to have those new spaces for their soon-to-be expanding family. But I have not stopped coveting her bedroom since I saw it. Why? Because instead of a closet door she covered her closet opening with a beautiful drape/shower curtain (it looks classy, really), complete with the cutest shower curtain rings. And her bed had a funky, colorful duvet cover complete with bright, IKEA pillows.
It made me want the same kind of beauty in my own bedroom, which has become the catch-all for my unfinished projects and unneeded furniture.
So, in an effort to take the first baby steps to finding a more a more serene sleeping space I'm offering the following items for interested parties:
Item #1:My treadmill, which is a hand-me-down from my sister Trina. I used it mostly when I was pregnant and not feeling well enough to go outside for a run, but still wanted a bit of exercise.
It was a generous gift from a loving sister and I'm hoping it can be a welcome addition to your home.
It works well, but I HATE running on a treadmill and I always have. It is not a top model, by any stretch. I think it's from Shopko (brand: Sportcraft) and originally probably cost less than $300. When I got it I had to buy treadmill lubricant off eBay ($7) in order for it to work in top condition and I've never had any problems with it.


Item #2: I bought these 2 cute chairs from a garage sale last summer with the intention of recovering them in beautiful chocolate and cream damask cotton.
But it was like adding one more thing to my already overflowing plate, and I'm finally (sadly) letting go of the dream. My sister, Heather, has basically given me everything that's cute in my house, adheres to the mantra 'What Goes Around Comes Around'. I think she's on to something big in the way she lives this through her service and love everyday.
The chairs are sturdy and have a bit of sentimental value to me. You see, as I started taking off the old fabric, I found a sale ticket stapled underneath the seat which indicated that these were originally ordered for the Provo Park Hotel (now the Provo Marriott) in 1997. Joel and I fell in love (really) at the Senior Dinner Dance at the Provo Park Hotel in April of 1997.
They are in great condition and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the lines and size of these puppies.
I even have the fabric to recover them with, which I found at an upholstery fabric shop for a steal at $3.5o per yard.
Are you interested in any of these items?
4 comments:
yes. I'm interested in all of them. seriously. but I've never recovered anything so I'm nervous about it. does the treadmill fold down?
Holy cow- I was just telling Darrell the other day how I want to get a treadmill, but don't want to spend a lot on it in case it never gets used. :)
And- in my opinion, you've GOT to keep the chairs! They are so perfect, and the fabric is ADORABLE! I'll come over and help you!
Beth, I don't have space for a treadmill after all. But I really do want to come help you decorate your house. And you know how you jokingly said you wanted me to decorate your girls room? Well, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Post a Comment