Thursday, February 14, 2008

What d’you name your baby Chance for?

You know what I forgot to include in my post about baby names? A story from when I was pregnant with Asher.
I was down to the Family Dollar with my then-only child Lincoln in the cart. In walks a woman that I guessed was in some way not “normal” with her care-taker. She walked over to me, and in the highest, most cartoonish voice said, “What d’you name your baby Chance for?!” I said, smiling, “His name is Lincoln.” Again she said, “What kind of a name is Chance? What d’you name your baby Chance for?” Her caretaker said then said to her, “Her baby isn’t named Chance. YOUR grandbaby is named Chance.” It was really awesome. To this day, that phrase rings through my brain at least once a month, whether I hear somebody say the name Chance or whatever. “What d’you name you baby Chance for?”


Cool, huh?

3 comments:

Amy said...

I just love old people!

Becca said...

That makes me laugh! I can't wait to see you guys today!!! It will be so fun!!! Thanks for calling, The kids are so excited!! I'm excited too!!

Megan said...

the family dollar is a hoax. Its not a dollar store. stuff in there costs a lot. I mean. up to $49.95. don't be deceived.