I met this guy last night.(I've read his blog a couple of times and he has some funny posts, my favorite one here.)
I had a girl's night out with me sisters and mom and went to see Thrillionaires at the new Covey Arts Center.
The tickets were $10 each (a bit pricey, I thought) but it was a quality show. It was an improvisational comedy show where they take suggestions from the audience to build their story around. For the first 45 minutes they acted out a play about a husband and wife having marriage problems. The husband is a garbage collector (my suggestion) who built their house and provides all their furnishings via his job.
The wife is someone who pretends to be sick to get attention (also my suggestion - remember our conversations, Marilyn) Another character works at a bank while trying to hide his obsession with his roller skate collection (my suggestion, again)
and his co-worker was a compulsive liar. It was great!
The wife is someone who pretends to be sick to get attention (also my suggestion - remember our conversations, Marilyn) Another character works at a bank while trying to hide his obsession with his roller skate collection (my suggestion, again)
and his co-worker was a compulsive liar. It was great! The second half of the show (another 45 min) they acted out another play, this time a musical, all according to audience suggestions and the music provided by Mr. Strong Man (above). The story line included an inventor who wants a robot girlfriend,
a human girl who can hear with her eyes who also is on a love rebound and a technology company trying to get new techy technology.
a human girl who can hear with her eyes who also is on a love rebound and a technology company trying to get new techy technology.It was a really intimate, casual show with great story lines, impromptu! It was way better than seeing a movie and a change of pace from Joel and my usual dinner date.
Go see them! It was awesome!
It was so much fun! Joel and I are planning a future date there. It was great! I highly recommend it to anyone planning a special date or a fun night out.
10 comments:
It sounds awesome! I remember going to the Garrens in high school--but now that kind of "BYU comedy" has kind of gotten old to me. But I love good improv! So how do you find out about it? Is this group a regular thing at the Covey Center, or what?
It sure is a "regular thing"! Clink on the link in the post to find out more info!
Of course, it sounds like really, it was mostly good because of YOUR suggestions--so maybe we should wait until we can go with you.
Oh dear oh dear If I had only known that you were tired of dinner dates then perhaps I could done something before you found new love. Was is Improv's bicepts? Perhaps his spontaneity?Brethren, take heed before the same fate befalls YOU!
I'm not tired of dinner dates! I love food! I eat it ALL day!
Hey Beth, Thanks for coming to Kolby's blessing yesterday!! You guys are amazing!! Thanks again, Hey I tagged you with something on my blog. Check it out, I know it's kindof dumb, but it can be fun... love ya
Beth, was The Jolly Porter as handsome in real life as everybody says he is?
Glad you (and your good suggestions) enjoyed the show.
Beth this sounds like so much fun! Ammon and I are coming in April...this would be so fun to get Becca and LeGrand and Megan and Dan and whoever and go on a big group date! What do you think!??! I love comedy! ;)
CJane: I love your blog. I was a little embarrassed after I yelled out of the audience, "Hey, I read his blog!" Unfortunately, he just ran right off stage as soon as the show was over...no offers to autograph my back or anything. Maybe he was a little freaked out that his fame had preceded him. Get used to it, Chris.
Kirsten, I would love to go on a group date when ya'll come out. Usually on your marathon trips you are stretched so thin among the relly's that we see you for about 10 min. between your appointments. Yeah, let's plan on it!
Post a Comment