We recently finished reading Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary to the boys. They enjoyed it a lot and one of our new favorite things to say comes from the book. In it Ramona has to do these worksheets where she circles pictures that begin with the /s/ sound and cross out pictures that don't. She also applies this procedure to things she does and doesn't like. For instance, when she's mad at her classmate she thinks, "Circle Ramona, cross out Susan." Now that Clara's three, we can cross out two and circle three.
Here are the birthday pictures Joel helped me out with on Saturday. We would have taken a lot more pictures, but it was raining for part of the time, and we all (including the kids) walked away with about 10 mosquito bites each. We took the pictures at Grandma Rass's house, so I guess it doesn't matter whether you live in a nice neighborhood on the east bench or down in the swamps of Utah Lake - you can't escape the mosquitos.

Happy Birthday, Clara!
14 comments:
Beth...such a beautiful job! I just got back from a walk and I am up early so the first to post!!
;-)
First, where did you get that skirt?!?!? I have looked everywhere for them for the girls. I wanted to do the same kind of thing but I can only find them in limited boutiques on line...any directions with this would be great! Karli's birthday is past but Brynlee's and Hailey's are this summer...you didn't by chance make it and have the directions, do you?!?! ;-)I wanted to do some photoshoots with them because I think the skirts look so pretty and feminine!
My favorite pictures are 1, 7 and 8...your angles look so good and everything! Beautiful job...your kids are all models!!!!
I like them all, but #1 is my favorite.
Cross out school, circle Summer!!
Oh she is just so cute. I like the 5th one down best, though all of them with the tutu/skirt are absolutely adorable. What a cutie! Happy birthday Clara!
2,7,9,12 I think are my favorite....but they are all awesome! I love how you took them at Grandma and Grandpas house...Their backyard is such a magical place. You did a great job with the pictures! I can't believe Clara's already 3!!! She's soooooo beautiful!
Well done Beffy. Maggie liked all of them. She laughed and screamed CAAAA at every one.
I vote for 7 or 9. They show how sparkly her eyes are. I love this girl to pieces!
As a grandmother, sentimental and old, I'd go for 1, 4, 8. Just thinking what REALLY old grandmothers would like, you know. But then, I remember it's M we're talking about on the one hand - so I'm looking again. For her, maybe 3, 10, 11, 12 - some of those actually remind me of her. And three might have some odd associations that come with it.
Fun shoot. You photoshopped, yes? To get the blur. Did you use a hard light mix?
7 is my vote! She is a doll.
How did you make 2 such cute little girls??! I like #'s 1, 8, and 9 best, but they are all adorable. I keep wishing I could get you to come take some family pictures of us, but I can't think of anything good enough I could give you in exchange. My next-born child, perhaps? (Let me see what he/she is like first, then I could get back to you on that.)
You have been getting to be a better and better photographer ever since you got your start taking pictures of . . . me, in that pink prom dress. I must have truly inspired you to great heights. Ockcfhar, those were the days.
Happy Birthday!!! So you already know how cute I think Clara is...can we set her up with Gabe when they are older? I mean, that would mean that we could be related! That would be fun. :)
Oh my goodness! She is so cute. I like the second or the fourth one of her in the tutu the mostest. That tutu is awesome! -Tye
Really three?!? Time is going so fast. Such a beauty! And really I don't think you could go wrong with those pictures. :)
I love them all. How could I not love them all. But I think that my favorites are 2,5 and 7. Good job Beffy!
It's me again, comment snooping. The pictures are still gorgeous. I wanted to look at them again without Maggie sitting on my lap hogging the computer.
I'm telling Grandma you picked her roses!
Post a Comment