Wednesday, January 21, 2009

How to Win Friends and Influence People

I know some people. Talented people. Funny people. Deep people. Healthy people. (I could go on and on.)I’m blessed, I know.
For example, look at what came in the mail yesterday? My friend, Heather, posted about a couple of cool dolls she had made. So casually, non-moochingly, I suggested she make one for me. And, she did! And then she paid for the postage to send it out here (from Vegas)! Can you believe it?
Her generosity leaves me speechless, and looking for an equally stunning gift to gift in return. My sewing talents pale in comparison, but I want to wow her the way she did me.Please, in your comments, help me to come up with some ideas.

8 comments:

Tia said...

Who in the heck is Ronald Chevalier and why did you link to his site?! Thanks for making me an "on". :)
I think you should make a cute neck tie for her if she has little boys.

Ginna said...

I love Ronald Chevalier. He is so cool.
Isn't the internet great? How we can all see what each other is up to and keep in touch? I think it's amazing.
And by the way, thanks for leaving me a comment, I love that you want to follow!
But I have no good gifting ideas. All I can think of is baked goods right now, and they're not so good for longer distance gifting. (sorry marilyn, I just can't help it)

Anonymous said...

I'm with Ginna. Bake her some artisan bread and fed ex it so its fresh.

heather said...

So I'm really glad that you like the little doll! But didn't I tell you that I didn't want anything in return?! Mmmm...some bread does sound good...but I'm liking the tie idea...okay seriously though, no gifts please.;)

AMY said...

Cute doll! Maybe you could do a makeover/photo shoot like I remember you being so good at, back in the day. I have some pretty awesome/scary pics from one of said photo shoots.
P.S. I loved the idea of the sibling blog. I haven't read all of the stories from your families, but the ones I have read were hilarious! It inspired me to start one for my family. Thanks!

Megan said...

Um, Beth!? Seriously? You're like the most super talented person on the planet. EARRINGS? HELLO!? or like Tia said a neck-tie. Or a skirt. Or a singing phone call? Or you could ink somethin' up. you could make her one of those quilt square purses or an apron or you could try to make your own softie out of fabric scraps and show her how good you are at stealing ideas. Or else you could steal some jewelry off of your pal Elicia (pronounced Eh-Lick-eee-uh). Or you could just take Heather's advice and not send her anything and just take a nap.

Marilyn said...

That IS a cute doll! I like it! And in return, how about some of those fancy maxi-pad slippers your sister Tia made people for Christmas? (I know _I_ would be happy to be "gifted" with such a thing )

K said...

I'm finding myself more and more drawn to free-form soft creatures. I'm thinking felted knit animals of indistinguishable species. Getting a handmade gift like this from someone who just loves you? How marvelous. Me? I have to buy stuff from etsy. Judging by how much getting those things in the mail delights me - even considering I've had to pay for them - I can pretty much figure this was really, really a delight.