You know what I'm sick of? Entering giveaways on blogs and never winning. Well, almost never winning. I hate getting my hopes up and then realizing I was one of 10,000 people who entered. Hence, I'm starting my own giveaway that may be a little more palatable to my good readers (who can anticipate they'll be one of about 10 entrants).
Heather's gift inspired to create. And I did.


As I thought about her kindness, I felt I not only wanted to pay her back, but to pay her kindness forward. Putting a little something together for her in return for her friendship and generosity was good for me. It provided me with an opportunity to think of something besides laundry and it provided a bright spot of creativity in this seemingly endless winter.


So, I'm sending a little something off to her today as well as hosting my first GIVEAWAY! Lame, you think? Joel thought so, too. And I'm a little sheepish in offering it because I know my collective readership comes in under 15 people. But they're all people I like, so I thought it would be a good idea to give either of these to one of you.The prize: one of two Valentine-themed wall hangings, made from top quality (Close to My Heart!!!) scrapbook paper, and glitter-covered chipboard letters (40% coupon down to the Michael's), fastened with cute little scrapbooky brads. Put it up in your home, and if this doesn't get your lover feeling romantic, I don't know what will.
Here's the deal:
If you want one of these fine pennant wall-hangings (each pennant is 5"X8"), leave a comment with the following information:
1. which pennant you prefer - be mine or i love you
2. an email address (if I don't already have it)
3. how you'll pay it forward to someone else. I'm thinking you could include what craft or service you'll giveaway on your blog if you win.
I'll choose the winner at random on Thursday night, and then mail it out on Friday or Saturday.
I hope this works! Don't be shy! Tell your friends! Enter! Comment! Win!
14 comments:
Sweet pickles, I'm first! Maybe that will increase my chances of winning! I think I did pay it forward by giving you most of the paper and the idea...but let's not dig all of that up. I pledge to pay it forward by giving away a fabulous free night of baby sitting (within geographical reason) away on my blog to the most pitiful entrant (since the only crafty thing I can do is make these penants and you already did)so two love starved mates can have a romantic dinner (that I will not pay for). I love the BE MINE penant.
Oh boy hurrah! You know I loves giveaways. Infact I've been toying with doing a giveaway on my blog for at least 6 months...still don't know what to give, but you've inspired me. Anyway,
1. I wants the BE MINE pennant
2. you has it cause you already forward me every chain letter sob story the world has to offer... just kidding about that, I forward them to you...
3. I'll come up with something. I really will. Maybe some framed carrot baby food spit-up (we has all sorts of spit up works of art around her. Cole is a regular Jackson Pollack. )
I must modify my own comment. I did not give you the idea of penants in general (we have Swiss Days to thank for that), just that you should make one for the sweet friend who made you that doll. :) There...ammended.
PS- Why do I have the feeling that if I do my suggested contest that either you or Megan will win? Need a date?
I love the I LOVE YOU one! I hope I win. I forgot you won one of my giveaways. Hooray. I'll let you win again if you let me win!
How I'll pay it forward: Well I did just get my pregnant sister a churro from Costco and brought it to her as a surprise. And I also just found out its my neighbors birthday and she loves diet coke.. so maybe I'll bring one to her... or I'm really in the mood to bake some cookies for the neighbors (and maybe a few for myself.)
Oh cute! I really want to win, honest, I really want the Be Mine one. They are both cute but Be Mine called my name! "Meridee, you need me hanging from the beam by your kitchen" It just keeps calling over and over.
I will make Valentine cookies for someone we both know and love's birthday. And also take some to a neighbor or two.
Pick me--I don't never win nothin'.
Hey count me in! I like the Be Mine one too. I don't have enough (and by that I mean any) fun valentines decorations! And they cheer things up so much!
And what I would do to pay it forward is a give away for one of my photos (assuming anybody would be interested!) I've been thinking of doing one for a while, but you know...
HOw cool! Okay, as much as I would love to win this, i think I should not so that someone else can pay it forward. BUt I will say that I love this. YOu are totally crafty! You are so going to have to show me how to make this!
Well for goodness sakes, I can't believe everyone wants the "Be Mine." I want the MUCH less greedy and more selfless (come on people, less of the MINE MINE MINE!) "I love you" banner. Bethie, how do you make such cute things? I've seen these banners around lately and yours are the best ones I've seen.
And I love that you're doing a "giveaway" with less than 1000 entrants. Good odds. Although honestly, I think your readership is about double mine, so don't be feeling sorry for yourself. :)
How will I "pay it forward"? Hmm. I'm sure I'll think of something. I do enjoy baking things for people. So maybe that.
Thank you for your consideration.
A giveaway where my chances are better than one in a million?!? I'm in!
1- I can't make up my mind... they are both heck'a cute.
2- madsenamy@hotmail.com
3- I've been wanting to whip out a few knitted goods... so, if I win, I will pay it forward with some kind of knitted something-or-other.
1. I love both! but I choose the I love you one.
2. tiffany.hillam(at)gmail.com
3. I'm going to make v-day cookies and take them to people! If I think of something fabulous- I might do a giveaway!
First of all, that doll down there is so darn cute!!!! I am glad you got a fun surprise in the mail. You absolutely deserve it. (BY the way, I want to see some pictures of your cute kiddos! I have been missing them!!!!)
So for your giveaway (I feel so guilty doing these things...I check your blog all the time just so you know-not just for this!).
1)Either is adorable...but maybe the BE MINE
2)sexybeast@hotmail.com
(just kidding ammonrasmussen@yahoo.com)
3)I am taking dinner down to the hospital on Friday night for a friend (and her hubby) who is 27 weeks pregnant and is hospitalized and bedridden until the baby comes. She has been in there 3 weeks now. It is their first baby and they have waited six years to get him here and now this....she is tired of the hospital food and it is the least Ammon and I could do...I am so grateful to have two legs and a healthy body to walk and not have to be hospitalized!!
Anyway, I am proud of you for your cute talent! Way to go!!
Beth, Beth - How could I not want the glitter - RED GLITTER? But they're both so cool. I was going to look up your blog today anyway, because Gin just told me about it. And here you are, giving glitter away!! I don't deserve it, of course, because I just got here, and there's so much fam up there. I think you'll have my address, won't you, after I comment - so I won't leave it hanging out here.
What will I do? Well, I'm gonna do it anyway. I just spent the last four months putting together a hard back book of ALL my father's pictures, from his baby book till now, and then threw in every ancestral photograph and document I could find, all organized. I just presented him with his copy. But I'm also going to have one printed for my aunt (his sister) and my sister. So does that count?
glitter. Oh, yeah.
Beth-How fun your banners are. Thanks for coming by my blog! Of course you are a winner:) I love the "I love you" banner. I'll e-mail you for your address!
Melanie
Beth, These are adorable!!!! You are so cute!! I want to win the I Love You one! I am going thru all our stuff from the flood, and have decided we have just too much stuff, I'm going to give lots of cool stuff away, clothes, toys, baby stuff!!! Does that count?!?? I'm crossing my fingers! Love ya!
Post a Comment