Monday, May 19, 2008

Mary Fiona

It happened, but only because my midwife showed forth mercy.
I went to my appointment on Wed., May 7th and asked when the soonest would be that she would induce me. "We'll induce you anytime after 39 weeks. So, we could induce you tomorrow."
That was all I needed to hear. We scheduled the elective induction for the next day and voila! We had a baby on Wed., May 8th at 12:48 p.m.
She weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz. and measured 19 1/2" (and that's our smallest baby!)
She's obviously gorgeous! Enjoy the pictures.Just minutes after she was born:
That shiny stuff on her eyes are antibioticsI feel better already!I think Joel is still overwhelmed. He keeps exclaiming to himself, me, the kids, and people over the phone, "We're a family of six now!" Take deep breaths, honey.
This is my favorite picture. Good photog, Joel!Here's a photo shoot a couple of days after she was born:



We have a tradition that started when we came home from the hospital with Asher. We laid Asher on our bed and Lincoln, still just 1, ran into his bedroom and brought out Ralphie, Joel's old cabbage patch kid and laid him next to Asher. It was like Lincoln was laying his baby Ralphie next to our baby Asher. We also snapped pictures of Clara with Ralphie (and Ed, seen here) Mary enjoyed her photo op with these guys, as well.

7 comments:

heather said...

Congrats guys! I love the name. It sounds good! I'm just glad you put pictures up, every day I would check and holy moly she is so cute. I can't quite tell who she looks like, but she sure does look like a Williams to me:)
Also, love the picture with the cabbage patch doll. I'm glad that it belongs to Joel, Chris will be very pleased. He also has one but is embarrassed that he does.
Congrats again, and she is just too cute.

Tia said...

She is so adorable! I love the pictures of your kids holding her - especially Clara. Mary can start preparing now for a life of Clara telling what to do and how to do it! :) It's the Roskelley sister way.

Beth said...

Tia, I wish there was a way to prevent Clara from slapping Mary's face if she ever says the 'f' word when they play monopoly together...or to shun Mary in high school because she's jealous of Mary's eyelashes and good looks. Hopefully, Clara will be nice to Mary like Laura was nice to me, instead of being rude like I was to you. If Clara does follow the Roskelley girl-way, at least they'll be best friends when their grown. Love ya, Tia.

Becca said...

Oh Beth!!! She is beautiful!!! You guys know how to make adorable kids!!! Congrats!! I'm so glad that the long wait is over and that your not prego anymore!! Yay!! Congrats!! Your family is beautiful!! We love you guys!!

Kirsten said...

She is absolutely beautiful!!! You guys got the most amazing pictures of her in the hospital-well of everyone in the hospital. I can't wait to meet her in person...guess you all will have to drive to Ohio one of these days so I can! ;-) And Beth-I am most happy for you! Congrats on not being pregnant anymore! It is liberating!! Joel...take a couple more deep breaths especially when she gets mobile!!! Congrats you guys on such a beautiful family.

Megan said...

Beth, you do good work. And even if you were a horrible sister I think you've made up for it now. You're even an awesome sister to me and I'm really unlikable. Mary and Clara are bound for glory.

Ginna said...

Oh she's adorable! Congratulations youguys!