Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Gettin' My Craft On

Here's how I staved off the winter blues today:
I took this clock, which has been on our mantle for many a year and I BLASTED it with spray paint so it'd look like this:
I still haven't decided if I need to antique it to darken it a little. I'm going to see how it looks in the living room at night.
By the way, it totally put me in a chipper, Springtime mood!


6 comments:

K said...

The blue does jog places in the eye that have lain WAY too long asleep. Maybe just a little antiquing in the shadow areas? I love the fruit.

Tia said...

Good idea - I really like it! Add the stain though, I think that will make it look even better!

Marilyn said...

I love it! Where did you find such pretty spray paint? Not just already lying around, surely?

boomi!

Ginna said...

It's super cheery. I should probably start spraying painting some stuff around here. I could use a little color!

Megan said...

Marilyn's comments are the best.

I love the clock, Beffers. Spray paint is the greatest invention of all time. Enter orange coffee table stage left.

thotione

"Tho tione liked her red clock, she wondered how a splash of blue would look on the mantle..."

my favorite color is green said...

beautiful! changing things up can really help to shake the blues, especially changing things that we look at everyday- way to go!!! you've inspired me to put away my computer and change a little somethin' of my own around my own abode!