Sunday, October 5, 2008

Next Time I'll Wear An Adult Diaper

I peed my pants in fourth grade.
And if you played 4-square in elementary school, you’ll understand why.
I was playing on one of the coveted 4-squares with some of the top players in the grade. And I really needed to pee. But I had brought my A-game and was
squarin’ it up,
if you know what I mean.
I really, really needed to pee.
I was even doing the pee-pee dance to try to hold it in. I even had other players ask, appalled, if I wanted to take a break and go into the bathroom. “No, I’m okay.” I said as I danced. I didn’t want to miss out on the game, especially as I worked my way up from
D-square to
C-square to
B-square and finally to
A-square.
I was the ruler of the 4-square!
I had dominated the game to the point of being queen of the square.
That is, until I peed and peed and peed my pants. I was wearing these light pink pants in some light nylon-type fabric (parachute-type material?), so the pee spread quickly through the fabric from my crotch down to my socks and into my L.A. Gear knock-offs. The pee cascaded so freely from me that there was no stopping the dam once it’d been compromised (help me out here, Joel, with explaining the engineering principles of a compromised dam) and my classmates stood aghast as one of them incredulously exclaimed, “She’s peeing her pants!!”
I was in A-square and I wasn’t ready to give it up. I kind of stood there, hopping from one foot to the other trying to decide whether to stay there and play the game out (did I mention I was in A-square?) or go to the bathroom like any sane child would. One of them finally offered, “Why don’t you go into the bathroom and…clean yourself ?” I reluctantly acquiesced.
Here’s the best part: I was soaked. SOAKED! And do you know what I did? I stayed at school for the rest of the day sitting in my pee.
I went to class and sat in my desk (not to get up until the school-is-dismissed bell rang) amid disgusted looks from my classmates and muffled cries of horror at the smell.
Yes sir! I was a socially well-adjusted child which helps explain my winning personality today!

So, that was when I was ten.
And this week I lived to experience it all over again. How, you ask?
(Wow. How did I NOT get picked to go the Olympics?!)
I went to Jump On It for Lincoln’s birthday. It’s a place where there’s about 50 trampolines all smashed together which = heaven for me.
(Fun, no?)
The trampolines were all so bouncy! Growing up I bet I spent more hours outside on my trampoline than I did inside sleeping at night.
I loved reliving all my aerials, 1 1/2 back flips, suicides, oreos, and round-off back handsprings. But, to put it discreetly, birthing 4 children has not been all roses, people. I had a hard time maintaining bladder control and I had to end my jumping session a little early due to…well, I'll let your imagination fill in (or lose control of) the rest. (I think Joel thought he was a gazelle.)
You okay? Sorry if I lost some friends in admitting that on my blog.

Anyway, here’s a couple photos from Lincoln’s birthday, including the special cake he requested. He specifically asked for a cake that said STAR WARS THE CLONE WARS.

(Incredible art work!)
And he wanted the cake to be strawberry and blueberry flavored. I went to a bit of trouble trying to fill that tall order and then he didn’t eat even ONE PIECE of it. He doesn’t like cake, even strawberry and blueberry flavored cake. (Thanks, son. I’m glad I spent all that time on it so that you could NOT EAT IT.)

(Note new homemade Jedi robe, homemade Jedi tunic, and solid gold soccer medal)

5 comments:

heather said...

No friends lost here. I peed my pants when I was 17 and I hit a pedestrian in my car (email me if you want the whole story). Luckily I was wearing black pants. Also, Chris peed his pants on a family road trip when he was like 10 by a place in Idaho called Seagull Bay. To this day, his sisters will not let him live it down. Like Billy Madison said, "You ain't cool, unless you pee your pants." And like the old lady says, "if peeing your pants is cool consider me Miles Davis."

Marilyn said...

Your posts always make me laugh so hard! It looks like you guys had a great time. I've driven by that place and wondered if it's fun. And your cake is a masterpiece!! How did you do that writing on it? VERY impressive. I'm glad Lincoln didn't ruin it by doing something as obvious as _eating_ it. Please.

Scott and Athena said...

Oh, Beth, you are the best!!!
I love that you are so blunt and don't seem to care what others think! I love your stories! The cake was incredible!

Tia said...

Well, I guess our family has a potty-in-the-wrong-place problem because I got in big trouble when I pooped in the bushes - that was our pretend bathroom - what was I supposed to do?! Your blue and white striped shirt is super cute! Good job on the cake and Linky's costume!!!

jess and seth said...

Oh Beth, I am SO glad I'm not the only one. And it runs in my family--my husband's first memory of my mother is of her laughing hysterically at something he said and then completely losing it.

Trampolines are the worst for that problem. But I want to go to that jumping place--my kids would DIE!